Friday, January 20, 2012

1/20/12

Sorry I haven't posted in a while.  I got really busy with the new class that I am taking.

This week in class we have been working on functions and input output charts.  We are able to graph equations and figure out number patterns.  We will be testing on this chapter some time next week.  Last night's homework was on graphing equations.  We did a couple of them in class.  With this program, it is hard for me to show you an example on here, so you will have to look in the book this time if your child needs help.

I am looking forward to math club today so we can continue working with these functions and determining patterns.  I think the kids are catching on quite well.

In social studies, we have finished our DBQ on Hammurabi's Code.  I will be spending my weekend reading all of the essays that your children have written and getting them graded so I can post new grades by Monday.  We just started watching some videos on Mesopotamia so that we get an idea of how life was different for a hunter-gatherer society than it was for an agricultural society.  We are going to continue our studies of Ancient Civilizations next week as well.

If I don't talk to all of you again today...Have a great weekend!

See you all again on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment