Thursday, October 20, 2011

10/19/11

Today we went through 5 more social studies projects.  I am learning a lot about students' backgrounds and traditions as well as interesting facts about countries from all around the world.  Again, I would like to thank all of the parents out there who have been preparing food, collecting items, and telling stories from their past to help their children prepare for their presentations.  Awesome work!!!

Report cards are going to be on Edline this nine weeks.  I am new to this as well, and am not sure exactly how it will work, but I am sure that it won't be too bad.  They will be posted on October 25 for your viewing if I understand the process correctly.

In math, I went over the homework from Monday and it looks as if some of the kids are confused about ratios.  I am going to be going over some more examples today and will move on to the next section as well.  We will understand them together.  The test on rates and ratios is tentatively scheduled for next Thursday.  I am going to be posting some games that you can play at home with your kids to help them practice these concepts.

Have fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment