Sunday, October 16, 2011

10/15/11

Well, it is the end of the nine weeks.  I feel that it was a pretty successful nine weeks and the students have adjusted well to the 6th grade.  I will continue working on the format of the class based on individual needs.  I am going to be starting the math help club on Friday mornings at 8:00.  You do not have to register for this club and you only have to come if you feel that you need help with a particular topic.  It will be in my classroom, room 909 starting this Friday.  The first few weeks is going to be on fractions, so if you had trouble on your fractions test, I encourage you to join us.

This week, we will be finishing up our social studies presentations.  They have been great so far.  I just want to remind everyone, that if you are going to bring in food to eat, it is supposed to just be a sampling from your country, not an entire feast.  We should not be competing with the cafeteria.

In math, we are going to begin working with ratios and proportions and we will be forming new cooperative learning groups as well.  Keep up the great work!

No comments:

Post a Comment